Sticking it to the Woman: Captain Crunch for Breakfast

I'm doing something I rarely do: devoting an entire day to writing.  Seven hours of non-stop work on my book.  Usually I have a million other mom things I need to be doing during the day, but today I'm putting it all on hold and just writing.  Because guess what, the dishes will still be there tomorrow (so will the laundry and the vacuuming and the expired containers that need to be cleaned out of the fridge).  And if I don't fix my hair it won't fall out.  Sweats are a perfectly acceptable form of clothing.  I'm  having Captain Crunch for breakfast just because I'm an adult and I can (and it proves I'm a rebel this morning).  Chalk this all up to my Sticking it to the Woman attitude.  Also did I mention it's negative 20 right now? There's no way I'm running any errands.  WiP, here I come.

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE Captain Crunch! Wish we had some... Good luck on writing all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing sounds way more fun than doing dishes. And moms are allowed to have fun once in a while. Enjoy your writing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES. I've actually been planning a similar revisions blitz for today. Good luck! Write hard! Report to me in the morning. ;)


    btw, NEGATIVE 20???? Yeesh! That's insane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely report. Now I have to do it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!!!!!!! This means I will get to read your book sooner! Hooray for sticking it to the woman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you. I'd love to have a day like that, unfortunately hubby works from home. Maybe a need a day away from home to get a day like that. Does that make sense? Hope you got a ton of writing done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet! What a wonderful day! I spent today writing a lot. Almost done with Scales! Hope you got a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the spirit! Only I think those expired containers turn into expired monsters that eat all of your fresh food. I'm impressed if you can write for seven hours. I get too distracted after one. And negative 20? It's 70 here. I have no excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray!! I love this plan! It makes me ridiculously happy to know I'll get to read it that much sooner. You go girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete