I drove right past it!



On my way home from yoga this morning I planned to stop and get a diet Pepsi from the corner gas station.  I know what you're thinking:  Is 44 ounces of artificially sweetened, dyed and caffeinated carbonation really the best way to end a morning of strength training, and meditation?  Personally, I think it is.  Though I do try to scale it back to 32 ounces some days. Yoga is all about balance.  And I walk away from it as relaxed as a jelly fish, so to balance that out and get back a healthy amount of anxiety and tension, I drink Pepsi  (It makes perfect sense in my mind).  But I digress ... The point I'm trying to make is that this morning I was thinking about my book, and I drove right past the gas station.  Right past it!  I didn't even realize until I got home what I'd done.  There was not shaking, no automatic turning into the parking lot, no cold sweats or salivating when I saw the Chevron sign.  There was nothing.  My point?  Apparently writing is stronger than anything, even classical conditioning.  Take that Pavlov.

***Update*** I just added that image and about sprinted to my car.

9 comments:

  1. Haha! Writing is therapeutic in many ways, isn't it? And so is insert-must-have-soda-here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if it works the same way with chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! You are hilarious. I always zone out thinking about my books. I don't mean to, it just happens! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think it was possible, but I think I'm even more fond of you after reading this post. :)

    Also, your Pepsi=Balance logic is clearly wise and scientifically sound.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol. All I have to say is: Ew. Diet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, awesome. Sounds like you're in "the zone" and I can't wait to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I drink Diet Coke all times of the day, so I understand.

    I've daydreamed about my characters and missed turns, exits, you name it.

    ReplyDelete