For Fun

My awesome friend, Sara, recently printed up a copy of my book to read on the train and designed a cover for it.  Then she sent it to me! It was so fun to get a copy of my manuscript in book form with her cover design.


 I love how she combined space with the eye.  Both are such important elements of the story.  Sara, you made my week!

Some of my family members (mostly my parents) have been asking for a printed copy of my books .  So I decided to follow in Sara's footsteps and design a cover for my book and print out a few copies. Thanks to my sister for providing me with the pictures.  I told her to send me some of her high resolution, professional pictures, but wouldn't say why.  Fortunately once I was done she agreed to let me share the result.

Here's what I started with:  

  (I know, isn't she beautiful? Not fair.)


And here's how I combined the images and added the title: 

I had so much fun incorporating symbolism into the cover. The straight lines, black and white coloring, and blue eye, all have meaning.  I'm so happy with the result.

12 comments:

  1. Yay! So gorgeous! Love what you did, and yes, your sister is gorgeous. And that's so sweet of Sara to make that other one for you! :) I bow to both of your coolness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both covers are very cool. I'd totally pick them up based on the outside images. I wouldn't even know where to begin if I wanted to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo! Both are so gorgeous! Sara does such amazing work. I had the copy she made of my book at church (which, uh, I try not to do . . .*cough*,) and my friends were all begging for a copy!

    I also love the one you did! So cool. I love the black band that cuts over her mouth. Very symbolic. Very appropriate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea. I loved both covers and wow, do you ever look like your sister or should I say your sister looks like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that cover is amazing! You doand great workdelivery and your sister looks like a model!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol...wow...I don't know what just happened. That is supposed to read you do great work and your sister looks like a model.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE them both. I want one. :) Now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dena just asked me if she could buy a copy of your book:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I did....with the very famous person as your model...please!! Can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Last comment was on Aly's account...it was really me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are talented with graphics! Hey, I want to know more about your book now - space? I just finished NaNoWriMo with a young adult SF where my girl starts out in high school, ends up in space :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I not see this? I mean, I saw it when you posted it, but I could have sworn I already commented! lol ;) Love both covers. So pretty and intriguing. Makes me want to read the book! Hint hint! ;)

    ReplyDelete