Like Jello

I've discovered something important: life is like Jello.  I'm like Jello.  My new all-encompassing life philosophy came to me after swimming laps this morning.  When I went to get out of the pool my arms felt like Jello.  I actually ended up walking over to the ramp because I don't think I could have hoisted myself out.  It was a long ramp and gave me ample time to consider the irony of the situation.  I work out because I was beginning to feel like Jello then I get done working out and I feel like Jello anyway.  Either way...Jello.   But one type of Jello makes me feel better than the other.  It's like the lime of Jellos (which is my favorite).  The good type of Jello happens because I worked hard and accomplished something.  The bad type happens when I do nothing.  So if I have to be Jello for the rest of my life I might as well be lime.

Writing is the same.  If I work hard, my brain feels like Jello when I'm done.  But I have a shiny exciting story in front of me.  If I don't work at my writing, I lose some of my groove and writing skills.  My brain turns to Jello.  Or even more Jello-y than it was to start with because according to my husband our brains are sort of the consistency of Jello anyway.  

10 comments:

  1. LOL. Could you possibly be any cuter?! Lime jello it is!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started working out again recently too. And yes, after I got off the bike my legs felt like they couldn't support me. 2 days letter they felt like they were trying to kill me. Ouch. But that was two weeks ago and I'm feeling better now. Yay for working out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lime jello. :-) And I applaud your REAL work out!

    I have a new get-in-shape plan too, but so far my only step has been eliminating Coke from my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deep, important truths, Candice. Indeed, we can learn many things in this world from Jello.

    :) Seriously though, you're totally right on. Yes, it's hard and brain-frying to work on writing sometimes. But it feels even worse not to do any thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From now on, whenever I don't want to sit down and write I will tell myself, "Come on! Don't you want to be lime Jello? Otherwise you'll be that weird blue kind."

    I'm thinking it will work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're making me hungry for jello. Or brains. You reminded me of that scene from my Best Friend's Wedding. You know that scene? -You can never be jello!- -I want to be jello!-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Jello. Is there anything it can't do? :)

    I agree on all fronts. I'm starting to exercise again and it's a serious pain in the butt. But it's worth it. Same with writing. My brain has been major Jello this past week and I'm just getting back into the swing of things. :P And I like Strawberry Jello the best. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, my dear Candi, how I have missed your posts and drawings. I'm so very glad that you have your internet back. It makes me very happy indeed.

    I want to be lime jello, but my brain thinks it is black jello these days and my body thinks it is flaming jello after my new trainer gets done with it... Oh jello guru, help?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thinking about the other day after playing in a soccer tournament, but you're right it was a good kind of sore. Not the sore you get from sitting on the couch all day.

    ReplyDelete