I cannot walk and chew gum at the same time



Anyone who knows me is not surprised by the title of this post.  Aren't women supposed to be the multi-taskers?  I heard that somewhere sometime ago from someone who I can't remember (but must have known what they were talking about, otherwise why would they say it?). 

I guess I was just born without the multi-task gene. Except, I do have a lot on my plate right now (figuratively speaking, and maybe literally speaking too, but I'll never admit it), so maybe I am a multi-tasker, just not a multi-tasker-er.  The point is, my blog suffers when I am writing and editing and coordinating a mountain of remodeling stuff with contractors.  I didn't even draw my own stick figure for this post.  What is the world coming to?

9 comments:

  1. Then I expect you're getting a lot of writing and editing done. I've read that it's not really possibly to do anything well when you're multi-tasking.

    I only think I can multi-task. In other words, I'm not getting much done at all.

    In any case, it was nice to "see" you again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post and thanks for the honesty! I was always great at multi-tasking until I had kids. Which is weird. I was always told that once you have kids, you become even better at multi-tasking...I guess it just depends on what it is though.

    But, like you, when I'm in the middle of revising, editing or writing out a first draft, my blog suffers. Glad to know that I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah my blog is suffering from neglect right now as well. I think the art of multitasking is all about prioritizing, so you're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so not a multitasker. If I try, nothing gets done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty good at multitasking. What I'm not good at? Listening to my husband when I'm multitasking. It goes in one ear and out the other. I don't even hear him sometimes! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't become a multi-tasker until I hit my late 20's. I'm so glad it kicked in.

    You don't have to draw your own stick figures. That's what free clipart is for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha... as you know, I'm prone to falling and hurting myself with little to no provocation. I don't even mess with gum. Who needs one more complication? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many distractions, so little time. I'm not a multitasker, I'm spread out so far and so thin I get nothing done. I'm a multiunfinishedproject-er. Welcome to my world.

    ReplyDelete