The finish is in sight!

I interrupt this extended blog neglect to say that I am just two chapters away from finishing the first draft of a book I have been working on for over a year!!   Hence my absence from the internet.  I'm focused, people! Focused I tell you.  Characters need to get injured and healed and be heroes and die.  This is the point in every book I write where I begin to feel like the master of the universe I've created. (It goes to my head, a little.) I walk around the house with my hands on my hips and bellow, "I am the CREATOR!!! Worlds begin and end at the behest of my keyboard." At least I bellow in my mind.

13 comments:

  1. That's an awesome feeling, being so close to finished. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Congrats on being almost done! I love that feeling. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture is apt. Totally apt.

    Also: YAYYYYY! I'm so glad you are almost done! GO! GO! GO!

    *rubs hands together greedily and waits at the inbox*

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Go, Creator, go! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Read my book, lose ten pounds,
    Thanks! (Your avatar name is a mouthful!)

    Jessica,
    It is! I feel giddy.

    Chantele,
    How are you feeling this week? ;)

    Renee,
    I can't wait for you to read it, but I know once I push send, I'll get the nervous-waiting-for-feedback feeling.

    Linda,
    Isn't it ridiculous how much I love superheros and constantly stick my face on them. I have lofty dreams (or delusions).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! A giant fist pump for crossing the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very awesome and you are so funny. Glad to know that I'm not the only one who takes a long time to finish a first draft.
    I want you to know that I still think about that first chapter you posted from your other story. I know you said it's not the one you're going to query, but I really wish I could read the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oops - sorry that comment from "t" is from me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I love that picture. Congratulations on being so close to the end! And being the master of the universe. That's nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! I love this... could you get the bellowing on video at some point? Please? This sounds like great retreat fodder. ;)

    Also... SEND IT! SEND IT! SEND IT! :) I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY! Congratulations! My goal is to finish Scales before the retreat. We'll see if that happens. :)

    ReplyDelete