Question for the Universe



Why do a million things pop up when you're trying to go on vacation?  No really, a million! Already this morning by 7:30 I had called the bank (who was on east coast time, thank goodness), the motor vehicle licensing department, put in two loads of laundry and moved an entire entertainment center/ large TV in order to unwire and rewire my internet so that I could have internet access on a day when I most needed it... I'm not complaining (okay, maybe a little) but, really, I'm just posing this question to the Universe:

Is it me or is it you?

Am I the one who subconsciously puts everything off until it's absolutely necessary at which time I suddenly "realize" it has to be done, or are you the one throwing these boulders in my path?  Because if you're the one who makes me drive way far away, just to fix a small clerical error with my health insurance so that I can get my prescription refilled before leaving town, well... that's just so mean.  Please stop.  That is all.

13 comments:

  1. I totally put things off until the last minute. Before we went to Colorado last week, I waited until the night before to pack. I call myself a slacker, but I was so busy to do anything that I had to wait until the last minute.
    Actually, I know I could have at least started at the beginning of the week... Maybe I am a slacker! :) Have fun on your trip, and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the opposite of a procrastinator...even still things always always always pop up when you're trying to something else.

    New follower...

    demitrialunetta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. IM so easy going I dont notice the world falling around me, but my husband does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH. Your post just reminded me that I was supposed to call the cable company two days ago for an event happening at my house this Saturday. Phew, I'm glad I remembered before a bunch of people show up at my house.

    Answer: No, you are not the only one who "subconsciously" puts everything off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always takes us longer than we think to go on vacation. Usually we spend a whole day packing up and getting ready, it's exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, girl, I am the queen of putting things off. I hear you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, I still have to register my cars in Texas, even though I've been here for more than thirty days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, it's the universe all right. I, for one, do not see why it's so funny to make people pull their hair out in frustration. Well, maybe that would be funny...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got you beat. I put things off so much that they are waiting for me when I come home from my trip.

    Like remember in those cartoons when the person would open the closet door, and be buried in piles of junk? Yeah, that's me as I open my front door, coming home from my trip.

    Hope life settles down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. But, isn't it AMAZING how much we can get done the week before we leave for vacation? Kinda makes me realize what a slacker I am the rest of the time. o_0

    Have a wonderful vacay!
    ~Lola

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think it's you.

    Before I go on vacation, I'm in a mad rush to get things done and tie loose ends. I eventually do, but it's exhausting. I'm usually a zombie on the first day of vacation because of this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dude! The Universe owes you! It should send some good karma your way pronto or we should stomp it.

    That is all. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know what you mean! I was nearly in tears the day before leaving for spring break... but it was my fault because I put everything off until th e last day. Except there is always that ONE thing that the universe throws at you at the last minute that it could have put off until later!

    ReplyDelete