Super Pale and Other Heroic Feats

As I was getting ready to take my son to school this morning, I looked in the mirror and said to myself, "I wonder if being pale gives you super powers, because I am super pale." I then thought, Super Pale, perfect hero name.  I don't particularly like being as sun deprived as I am up here in tropical South Dakota, but thanks to Twilight, being pale is now in vogue in some circles.  I'm beginning to think that theVampire name, "the cold ones" refers to the climate where they live as much as the temperature of their blood, since both likely play an equal part in the paleness of their skin.  But enough deep thoughts.

In happier news, I decided to exchange my night stand for a desk.  So now my husband has two night stands, and I have a massive wood and glass desk next to my side of the bed. A desk, which I might add, I dragged up three flights of stairs from the storage basement to my bedroom by. my.self.  Apparently being pale does do something for my super strength.  But the point is, if I only had someone to take my son to school and a stocked mini fridge, I would never have to leave my bedroom again.  Can you imagine!?  Am I revealing too much about my reclusive writerly nature?

Finally, I am working on my writing goals.  I would like to finish my current WIP in the next four weeks.  To do that I am participating in #writegoal with Margo Berendsen, otherwise know as writerWyoming on Twitter.  Feel free to join us! Happy writing.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that is some super strength! If I try even moving our couch by myself I break a sweat. (I'm super pale too, what am I doing wrong? lol).

    Good luck finishing your WiP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I read your Facebook updates about how cold it is there, I shudder. I'm NOT a cold person.

    In other news, YAYYY! You're finishing Immaterial! I can't wait to read the rest. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY *breath* YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!! That's all.

    Oh, and hello super strength, you crazy girl. You're going to break your back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lugged that thing up 3 flights of stairs alone?! Wow. You are She-Ra. :-)

    ReplyDelete