E-reads

Yesterday you all supplied me with a fantastic list of book recommendations.  You gave me your top picks to help me overcome my E-book phobia.  Thank you, thank you! I will tell you what book I chose, but first, since you were all kind enough to take the time and give me your recommendations, I thought I would compile a list for anyone who might be looking for their next page turner. 

  • The Hunger Games' Series got several mentions.  I'm glad to say I've already read them. Their shiny hardback covers sit on my shelf at home.  Now I ask you, can an E-book double as home decor? Okay, okay, enough railing against the E-book.  Moving on.
  •  Life, Liberty, and Pursuit by the highly educated and multi-talented Susan Kaye Quinn (Isn't it Dr. Quinn, Susan? Like the medicine woman only with a PhD ;) )
  • Across the Universe got more than one mention. 
  • Speaker for the Dead (2nd book in Enders game.  Also read this. Great Book.  Better than the first in my opinion.)
  • Anna and the French Kiss, by the talented Stephanie Perkins got more than one mention as well.
  • The Help got three votes. People said they couldn't put it down.
  • Heist Society by Ally Carter
  • Still Alice by Lisa Genova
  • The Thirteenth Tale
  • Little Bee
  • Vampire Academy (which is available in ePub from some libraries)
  • One Day by David Nicholls.
  • The Books of Bayern by Shannon Hale.
  • Paranormalcy by the funny and talented Kirsten White got more than one mention. (Yep, most definitely read that one!!)
  • The Season.
  • The Maze Runner (Read it. Loved it. James Dashner is the man!)
  • Shipbreaker
  • the Lost Hero
  • The Adoration of Jenna Fox
  • Graceling and its sequel, Fire (Definitely read those)
  • Books that had not been read by the recommender, but she wanted to read were: Jonathoan Strange and Echo in the Bone.
  • Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
  • A Great and Terrible Beauty (I own this one, but haven't read it yet)
  • Ella Minnow Pea was recommended by RedHotEyebrows.com (A book review site.  Check it out!).
  • Tess Oliver's book (title not mentioned, because it was Jessie recommending it--just sayin' Jessie :)
In the end I chose to download the awesome Stephanie Perkin's book, Anna and the French Kiss.  I've been following her blog and career and though I don't know her, we have a few friends in common.  I've also heard her book is funny and full of personality, so I can't wait!!  Thanks for all your wise and educated suggestions.  I plan on reading many of these books on me E-reader in the near future.  And probably a few in book form as well.

1 comment:

  1. Camille, Safe Landing, Bitterroot Crossing. So there.

    Dance, Monkey!

    ReplyDelete