Buss-a-me Mucho (or Conversations with my Husband)


Fellow blogger friend Chantele likes to find obscure and fun words and post them on her blog for "Weird Word Wednesday".  Then she challenges people to make up a sentence with them.  Well yesterday the word was, buss.  She posted the definition which in essence said, to kiss, especially with a smacking sound (at least that's how I remember it).  I thought it was a cool word and left this sentence in the comments, "If Buster bussed a bus full of babes, how many babes on a bus did Buster buss?"

Later that night as I was getting ready for bed I thought I would ask my husband if he knew what the word meant since he's the kind who always remembers random trivia (as in the man has only ever lost Trivial Pursuit twice in his entire life.  Before we go married I made him play me every night for several weeks straight, but that's another story for another day.).  Anyway, the conversation went a little something like this.

Me: "My blogger friend Chantele (proceeds to explain blog)... So do you know what the word buss means?"

Husband: (thinks for several seconds...) "Is it some kind of stick?"

Me: (overly pleased that I've stumped him for once and still ticked about losing Trivial Pursuit hundreds of times)  "Nope!! You're wrong. You're wrong. Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah." (Okay, I didn't actually say that, but my eyes did. I then told him the definition and my sentence.)"Wasn't my sentence a clever tongue twister? Are you sad that yoooouuuu didn't know the word?"

Husband: "Buss my Butt!" 

Me: (Feigning shock and indignation and then laughing)

Husband: "or better yet, buss off."

Me: "Hey!"

Husband: "I'm sorry, was that the buss of death?"

Me: (Laughing, again)

Husband:  "Here let me make it up to you." (Begins to sing) "Buss-a-me, buss-a-me muuuuuuuchooooooo..."

Me: (Yep, still laughing while pushing him and his smack-kissing lips away)

Husband: "Oh man, now I've got a song stuck in my head...(silence)...a song by BUSS!"

Me: "You are now officially the topic of my blog post tomorrow weather you like it or not."

Husband:  "Won't that be stealing Chatele's blog post?"

Me: (climbing into bed) "Not really, because I will link back to her blog and give her all the credit for finding the word and make sure everyone knows how much fun we had with it and it will all come back to Chantele."

Husband:  (turning off lights and getting into bed) "You're such a buss-up." *



*No actual marriage was hurt during this conversation.  In fact  it was probably strengthened due to the extreme silliness and craziness of both participating spouses.

10 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Oh, that was way too much fun, Candace!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neal is a goofball. I know this because I don't have any goofballs in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! :) That's hilarious. I think buss is a great word replacement for kiss. In fact, I may just go buss my husband right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious!! This post just made my day! Ha ha! I'm glad I inspired your late night chat with your hubby and your hilarious blog post! :D I'll have to think of a really good word next week to top this one...

    You'll have to tell your hubby that his uses of the word were brilliant. Buss my Butt was my personal favorite. I'll have to remember that one. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! That's awesome. What a great hubby. I think he wins the contest for using the buss word. I didn't even mention it to my hubby...but I will now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I especially love that your husband sang to you, mock or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tee hee hee, my favorite is buss my butt...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could buss this post, it's so funny. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post is absolutely hilarious. I love your drawings. I love the chemistry and interaction between you and your husband too.

    I can't stop laughing. This was GREAT!

    I'm so glad I found your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Melissa! I'm glad you found it too! And my hubby does keep me laughing all the time. It's his job. ;)

    ReplyDelete