Dear Wisconsin, Where are your cows?

I just traveled across Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and South Dakota and I have a couple of question for these states.

Dear Ohio, Why do you insist on building such huge sculptures?

 Everytime I drove to Indianapolis while living in Dayton, I saw this.
And every time I drove to Cincinnati I saw this.
(Until it was struck by lightning a few months ago [true story])

Dear Indiana, Does anyone really need an ashtray next to the toilet in a public restroom?

Unfortunately, I have no picture proof.  I'm still kicking myself for not taking a picture of the lovely (full) ashtray in the restroom right next to the toilet.  Seriously,  is anyone so addicted to nicotine that they can't spare a minute to use the loo before resuming their chain smoking habit?  And isn't there just something wrong about putting anything in your mouth while you're sitting on the pot in a public restroom? Ewww.

Dear Illinois,  Why must you make me love your beautiful Chicago skyline so and then make your freeways so freaky and dangerous that I can't look at it or I become lost and end up at the airport on accident twenty miles away from my husband (who has the gps in his car) and I have to ask a airport worker for directions and he gives me confusing direction and then helpfully adds, "Don't get lost again," which I don't, but am a little disgruntled for the rest of the evening?
P.S. I can't stay mad at you and your beautiful tall buildings and gorgeous architecture for long.

Dear Wisconsin, Where are your cows?  I didn't see any.  Is the whole cheese thing just a big conspiracy?  Did all the cows move to CA?  Is this huge sculpture mouse lying?  And why is he standing out in front of Perkins (where we stopped for lunch)?
 And further more, what's the deal with all your huge sculptures?  Are you jealous of Ohio?  Are you trying to be more like them?


Dear Minnesota, Why didn't you warn me that I needed my running shoes and water bottle to walk a lap around your giant mall?

Dear South Dakota,  Do your inhabitants always drive so slow?  Is your air always this clear and your sun always this bright?  And what made you decide that you wanted to carve your giant statues into mountains?  
P.S. South D. Please like me and my family.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for the delightful travelog. I'm sure South Dakota will love ... how could it not?

    Did you get to the Children's Museum in Indianapolis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, my grandma is from South Dakota. And now you are just a straight shot north from me. Which means if you came to visit me you wouldn't get lost. Just go south, you know? I love Chicago--been there a few times and want to go back. Good luck with your move. I hope you are back for blogging good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and the whole Presidents thing? Well, didn't you see National Treasure 2?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! Thanks for the pictures of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I didn't get to that museum! At this rate I'll probably be traveling cross country again in no time, so I'll be sure to catch on my next trip. BTW, gorgeous profile picture!

    Jessie, I could lost driving anywhere. Maybe you should drive north. ;)

    Chantele, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baha. Funny. I'm sure ND will love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha ha! This was too fun, Candice. I love the playful tone of this post. It makes me want to take a long road trip. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, all the happy cows are in California, including this one, who would be happier if her best friend would just keep driving West and come home!!! (But, you are two hours closer in time zone, so for that I will be grateful). Now, I'm going boating.....sucka!!!! If you were here, you could come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure South Dakota will love you. I just hope you love S.D. ( I used to think of San Diego when I wrote that.)
    P.S. Dear Allegiant, thank you for having such cheap flights into random places like Rapid City.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha, I love this post. It brings back memories of my family vacations growing up. :) Too bad you didn't get to see the giant lobster in Maine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, cowless Wisconsin is strange. And I didn't know about the huge statues in Ohio. I hope to see them some day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Candice! It's October 18th, but I saw you at Kasie's blog and hopped over to say hello! I miss you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish there were no cows in wisconsin. We actually have more cows then people but they are tucked off of the highway. I've been living in WI on and off for my life and have never seen either of those statues. LOL!

    Black Disaster Fairy
    http://aworldofpersonality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete