Seven Things.

Kasie gave me a blog award that entails revealing seven things about yourself others may not know.  She challenged me to come up with something she didn't know about me too.  Considering she's my best friend and knows a lot, that may be hard, but I'll give it my best shot.



1.  I absolutely LOVE terrible 80's love songs.  The cheesier the better, and if they have a bad video to go along with the song I love them even more.  But probably my favorite all time eighties love song/video is actually not from the 80s. It's from the movie, Music and Lyrics.  I'll share...


2. At my grad night I made my own music video with friends to Vanilla Ice's, Ice Ice Baby.

3. I  hitchhiked in Mexico. (I don't recommend hitchhiking ever.  It was really stupid.  Aren't you glad you didn't know that before mom?)

4.  I've been stung by a scorpion.

5. I once salsa danced with a member of the Mexican mafia in Mexico City. (Okay, sorry again, mom.  But I didn't actually know he was mafia at the time.)

6. I participated in some very embarrassing fashion trends in my childhood, like the fan bangs coupled with a bad perm and the wearing of overalls half undone.  My favorite overalls were pink and purple flowers.  (I feel like I need to apologize to my mom again.)

 
7.  In college my fashion sense improve marginally.  Most of the time I looked like this.


But then I would end up looking like this:


Which one time led to this:
 
The frown on my face is not so much for the broken arm as it is for the fact that my husband had to fix my hair for eight weeks.  It was almost enough to cause a fight (I say almost because we had only been married a few months and were still blissfully unaware of each other's faults).

So there are my seven things.  I hereby pass this award along to Voidwalker and Shannon, two of my favorite new blog reads.

update:
I recieved an award from Laurel that also has me list things about myself.  The timing is very convenient. :) Thank you for your thoughtfulness Laurel. 

19 comments:

  1. I just love it when you draw pictures - they are the best!

    I'm with you on the 80's music. How could anyone NOT love bad 80's music? Thanks so much for the shout out and your nice compliment about my blog! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Mysic and Lyrics. And that song/video cracks me up everytime I see/hear it. I need to get that as my ringtone!

    Oooh, hubby doing your hair for 8 weeks? My hubby and I would have been divorced for sure. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact that you love 80's music. My quintessential fave of the era was Howard Jones. Big hair, lots of synthesizer. Oh yeah.

    And speaking of awards, I left you a gift over at my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hitchhiked in Mexico?? And then danced with the mafia?? Wowza. Sounds like an awesome novel to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe, I love these. :)

    One of these days I need to hear the whole story of your trip to Mexico city. Sounds very exciting and dangerous! Maybe you should write a short story about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pics just crack me up! Hehe. I LOVE that video. Darcy loves it too. I love that whole movie. I wrote about it on the lit lab a little while ago. It's just brilliant.

    Yes, my hubby and I love 80's music, too. Our whole wedding album was 80's rock. Yes, I think we annoyed everyone at the reception.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I guess I really am your sister because I didn't learn a single thing, and I personally remember half of those:) Since writing about your Mexico trip makes it sound so much worse, I think I will mention that you were invited to hike up the nearby active volcano (which said no trespassing) by some cops with machine guns...It's ok mom she didn't go, and you slept on the roof of your house a few times. That last part might not seem dangerous unless you know that some mornings it was covered in ash and rock from the said volcano!
    BTW, in case you are reading this mom, I never do anything dangerous:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That video is one of my favs as well. And I love how your Mexico stories make you sound like this bad girl, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shannon,
    I'm so glad my lack of talent is still useful for entertainment, and I think your blog is great! The shout out was well deserved.

    Jennifer,
    I can't tell you how many times I walked over to my neighbor and begged her to help me, or called an old roommate to come over and give both of us a break from the whole hair thing. It was awful and my hair was really long!

    Laurel,
    Thank you so much for the award. I added it to the post. I loved the synthesizers (um maybe I still do).

    JenE,
    I would hate to influence any poor teen to do something so stupid. :)

    Renee,
    Ah, the wild and crazy side of me knows no bounds...Oh wait you just read the craziest thing I ever did. That's pretty much the end of the story.

    Glam,
    How the heck are you? I miss you!

    Nicki,
    Why don't we just add the fact that I ate food from street vendors and our dog died from rabies. Now we have the completed list of everything I did while living in Mexico. :)

    Natalie,
    I know it's funny, but I really wasn't that bad. I just made a few stupid decisions. Oh well, maybe the stories will give me an edgy image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, your pictures are awesome! I grew up in the 80's so I am partial to the music myself. LOL

    As for the award........ THANKS! That's very honoring to get that from you. I'm glad to feel the love! :)

    Ooh, now I'll have to go post my info.

    P.S. Your site is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, you've done it. I did not know number 2 (but it makes me love you more). I guess I technically didn't know 6 either, but didn't we all dress like that? So I figured you weren't out of the loop in your trends. You are, after all, up on all the latest fashions.

    I love Music and Lyrics and might have to go watch it now because it makes me laugh.

    Love you. Thanks for playing. You make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really disappointed. All this time I thought you really loved the 70's music. Our music was so groovy back then. I guess I didn't play enough of it while you were growing up. I did enjoy reading about your adventures, however, I don't think Mom will get the same thrill.
    Love Dad :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Once again, your drawings amaze me. I am a huge fan of 80's music and ballads are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You crack me up. And I LOVE pop goes my heart. That movie makes me happy every time I watch it.

    That was probably the best 7 things I've read for one of the honest scrap awards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your awards!

    great seven things!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that music video on Music and Lyrics - best part of the whole movie. Can't believe you hitchhiked period, let alone in Mexico - crazy! Lol - great drawings. I totally forgot about the unbuttoned overalls.

    Congrats on your awards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. In the 80s, I wore a pink and black tiger striped bandana.

    Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. It's nice to get to know you better. I'm glad you survived to adulthood.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please tell me you had armed guards with you on your hitchhike to Mexico. That's so crazy. I love it.

    I've been stung by a scorpion, too. I wonder if you were as dramatic as I was. But I really thought I was going to die.

    ReplyDelete