I can't believe I've never posted this before!

The lovely and uber-talented Natalie Whipple did me the honor of drawing a scene from my book, Jaded.  I felt like the luckiest writer around to get to see my characters come to life through her art.  So without further ado, I present (for those of you who haven't already seen this) Jade and Jet...arguing.  It's just what they do. :)


I highly suggest clicking on this to blow it up.  I absolutely love the expressions on their faces.

Here's a little blurb about the book:

In the world Jade lives in, superheroes are all about the glory.  When she agrees to take a job as an analyst with the International Bureau of Remarkable Genetic Assets (or IBRAG as she prefers to call it), she  hopes to stay working behind the scenes and not directly with the Assets (she has a nickname for them too).   But she’s smart, and her impeccable mission plans quickly get her noticed.  Before long she finds herself promoted to the coveted position of field agent, and despite her reluctance, she’s sent on a mission with a dozen of the world’s hot-headed, self-important superheroes.

Between Deja View’s constant need to tell her, her five minute future,  “The” Hawk’s efforts to perpetually paint her as a damsel in distress,  and the appearance of an old flame, Jade begins to regret ever agreeing to head up the mission to save the world.  Then she meets Jet.  Some supers wear super suits, some wear Armani, but Jet is the first one she’s met who wears faded t-shirts and threadbare jeans.  From the top of his sun-bleached head to the flip flops on his feet, Jet looks more like a surf bum than he does a super-sonic hero

16 comments:

  1. Yay for Jaded! That book is awesome!

    Of course, I have only been teased with a few tantalizing chapters. I can't wait to read the rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an illustrator who did some preliminary pictures for my picture book. It was beyond words for me when I saw them! It really is amazing when something that came out of your imagination becomes real like that. ;-)

    Thanks for sharing Jet and Jade with us. It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm glad you liked it Candice! I still feel like I didn't do them justice at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them. Hurry and finish this book....please. :) I get to see you in less than a week!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book sounds awesome and the picture really brings the characters to life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would LOVE to read this!! (And I love Natalie's picture, but I think I may have already said so.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds so great! The picture is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sounds so good! What a beautiful picture! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. That sounds like a fantastic book! And the drawing is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a nice picture and it's pretty cool to see the artist's interpretation of the characters. Also, for the record, my little girl is named Jade, so good char name :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now don't take this the wrong way or anything but I've seen your stick art and um ... well ... perhaps you'd better have Natalie do all your drawing for now on. :-)

    You both are very talented. Love the excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is awesome (both your story and Natalie's drawing)! I gave you a little award on my blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't realize you were the one this was drawn for. Love it! Sounds like a great book too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so great, how cool!

    Sounds like an interesting book, where can I buy it?

    Yay for fellow writers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone for your comments. I've been out of town for the past couple weeks visiting my family in AZ, so I've been a bit behind on responding. But I just wanted to say I hope you all had a Merry Christmas, and I promise I will be getting back to blogging and visiting your blogs soon.

    JMay-
    I so wish you could buy my book right now!! Unfortunately, it's not published. I'm going to be querying it staring in January. :)

    ReplyDelete