It's official.

I'm a once a week blogger.  It was already the case, but now I'm making it official.  I blog on Thursdays from here on out.  I've been thinking a lot about the time balance in my life and what I need to focus on, and blogging is one of those things that, though I do sporadically, I still feel is a time drain and pressure that could be eliminated.  But I enjoy it and I love staying connected with all of you, so I've decided to blog once a week.  And I'm excited about it.  My posts will be much better, I think, because I'll actually want to do it.

I know that it may seem that nothing is really changing, but making this once a week blogging thing official relieves the self-imposed pressure I feel to do more.  Now I won't be thinking everyday that I'm failing at being a blogger.  I'll be thinking, WOW I'm the most consistent blogger around! And you all will know what to expect.  For me it's the perfect solution to how I spend my writing time (lets face it, blogging was never going to be my thing).

I just want to give a shout out to Lady Glam here. She is so honest and thoughtful and the very personal post she just wrote really made me think about what I really want. Thanks, Michelle!

So starting this week, I'll see you all on Thursdays!

9 comments:

  1. I have been blogging about three times a week, on no particular days. I'm also feeling pressure to constantly come up with some interesting blog post. Your idea sounds great...I'll have to try that. Now to figure out what days I will use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! My Thursday just got much better:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candice, I applaud you! As I'm sure you've seen on my blog, I'm going dark for awhile, meaning no posts at all. I think as I get things sorted out I'll begin again, but could be a long time. I will still be reading your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm definitely glad you are posting more. :) I came to a similar conclusion a while ago. No need to try and blog every day. I just end up writing dumb stuff. Unless I have something interesting to say, my blog is best with about two posts a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once a week is better than nothing. I make sure to check back on Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a 1-2 a week poster as well. Although I check in on others' blogs which can be distracting. But I'm glad you made the goal and that I can hear from you once a week. (Yea for cleaning house month. I signed up, too, but I think I'm already behind. That Kasie.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. *smiling* -yes, blogs should be fun, or at least not a pain in the arse....

    Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm inspired. Maybe I'll be consistant too. I declare from here on out I'll post at least once a week, assuming all the stars in the sky line up, the wind blows the right way, and my horoscope says I'll be having a five-star day. I'm ready!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you! I don't have that kind of willpower.

    Okay, I do. But I'm reserving it all for resisting the leftover Halloween candy.

    ReplyDelete