I finally did it!

This is my own personal version of Natalie's Saturday Sketch, Renee's Photoshop Friday and Kasie's Maddeningly unhelpful advice Monday. Let's call it Stick Figure Thursday.  What, there's no alliteration in that?  Well let's just say that the quality of the drawing is represented by the totally sub-par title.  (And no, don't expect a reoccurring column.  Come on people, this is me we're talking about.)

So without further ado, here it is, my creation.  Tada!



In honor of Natalie, I drew it myself; in honor Renee, I added captions; and in honor of Kasie, it will in no way help your life.  Oh yeah, and in honor of Carrie, it makes me snarf!  If the rest of you all want honors then you must start a reoccurring series that somehow relates to the themes I write about (good luck figuring out what those are).

So why the extra blog effort today?  I finished my first book...again.  For the third time.  This time for real, maybe.  And this is a big deal, not because I think I'm going to get an agent with my first book (I mean I guess it could happen, but what are the chance really? ), but because it means that it is no longer hanging over me.  I can now focus whole-heartedly on my two other books (one which is almost done)  without feeling like a loser/quitter/ non-committer. I feel free and happy and light as a feather!   And in the coming weeks I will be experiencing the joy of beta readers who for once have a whole book to tear apart instead of just tearing pieces of a book into even tinier shreds.  I can't wait!

20 comments:

  1. That is an awesome picture. Congratulations on finishing your book...for the third time. You deserve a caramel apple, too. Maybe three caramel apples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, carmel apples. How about we meet somewhere in the middle of Illinois and eat carmel apples together! We'll have a "yay for Candice and Jessie for finishing their first books" party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Candi! That's great news. Having one book feeling "done" is a great feeling. I still have only one or two I feel are close to done...it's stressful...so yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Candice! I love your picture. It looks like something I would do. :)
    You told me a while back to let you know when I started my blog. I finally started one, and realized how tech deficient I really am.
    But starting a blog does not mean I finished my first draft, although I have made good progress. I shelved it for November so I can do NaNo.
    I love the new layout, BTW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

    Yay! I know exactly how great this feels. And I don't think you've heard my great news yet. Call me or come chat if you can! If neither of those works and I don't hear from you I'll email you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY CANDICE!!!Awesome news!! *dances with glee and anticipation*

    Also, I love the drawing. You should totally think make it a weekly feature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JenE,
    I'm now your first follower.

    Michele,
    Hi, I'm chatting with you as I write this. LOL!

    Ren,
    Weekly feature=commitment. And though I've clearly made progress with my issue, a stick figure once a week might be a little too much too quick. :) But who knows... maybe I'll surprise myself. It was strangely fun to draw my weird little persona.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natalie,
    You inspire me with your mountain of completed books. Oh yeah, and your real drawings too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on finishing that pesky first book! I love the drawing by the way!;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YEEHAW!!! And I am reaping the benefits of you finishing your first book! (It's soooooo good) My life couldn't be better. Oh, yeah, and it's probably exciting for you too. :) Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Candice!

    How work does pay off. Glad to be following along on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Over here from Kasie's place!

    Oh, finishing that first book is the best feeling in the world! - well, except for when you are writing it -I mean that first writing of it when all the possibilities are there and the characters are doing all this stuff and it's so cool...anyway--

    CONGRATULATIONS!


    Sometimes I'll think that - "let me finish this so I can go work on my other one" *laughing*....

    ReplyDelete
  13. stopping over here from Kasie's blog. You're too cute! Congrats on finishing up your first book for the third time. I'm with you on that. I believe I've lost count on how many times I've finished my first book. It's so nice to meet you and in the words of Arnold, "I'll be back!"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Any friend of Kasie is a friend of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Chantele.

    Tamika,
    It's a great feeling. It may not payoff financially, but the feeling of accomplishment is its own kind of reward.

    Kathryn,
    I do love the thrill of starting a new book and beginnings! My love of my books ebbs and flows throughout the process. Sometimes I love them sometimes I just want to be done!

    Lois,
    I'm sure I'll finish it yet again in the future. I'm an unabashed tinkerer when it comes to my writing.

    Corey,
    I feel exactly the same!

    Everyone, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have so many new blogs to explore now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found your blog from Kasie's. Congrats on finishing your first book. I'm still working on mine, but I *hope* the first draft will be done by the end of November.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations. It's such a relief to be done, even if it is for the third time and I loved your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! Great picture. I want to feel like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Melane,
    Good luck with your book!

    Patti,
    I'm quite the artist. ;)

    Mary,
    You will I'm sure. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm just catching up on blogs after finishing my book too. (DUAL PARTY FOR US!!!) Had to send retroactive squees and snarfs. Go you!

    ReplyDelete