I had a break through! Thanks Meijers



For those of you who live on the west coast you may not have heard of Meijers.  I know I hadn't until I moved out here to Ohio.  It's a Walmartesque store, but a bit nicer if you ask me.  Anyway there's one right down the road from me, and I recently discovered it has the best store-brand ice cream!  Their mint moose tracks is inspirational! (Right now I have the desire to say that it is LITERALLY inspirational, but since one of my pet peeves is the incorrect use of the word literally, I will refrain.) 

So my second book is coming along swimmingly at about forty-thousand words (after two months of not writing that is quite good for me).  I've also felt inspired with a new idea that I love!  I want so badly to write it, but with one book in a never ending edit and another two-thirds done, it really wouldn't be a good idea to do more than outline it for now. 

When the time actually does come to sit down and pound it out, you can be sure there will be a red plastic cup full of mint moose tracks next to me.  I have no doubt it will be the fastest book I've ever written, and I'll only have to gain twenty or so pounds to do it.  (I'm estimating, of course. It would be silly to claim that I could actually know how much I might gain during a set sedentary period full of mass consumptions of delicious dairy treats.)

12 comments:

  1. I loved Meijers! (They have them in Indiana, too.) It's good to see you up and blogging again. :-)

    Congrats on the book progress. I miss reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for inspiration! Don't let the shiny new idea distract you. They say they'll go away if you don't write them RIGHT NOW, but it's a total lie. They hang out as long as you want them to, heck, they even get better and prettier the longer they wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. Love. Meijers! They are great... I miss them now *sniffle, sniffle*

    Take notes on the new idea... and then finish JADED! :D I need to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being from Canada I've never heard of Meijers so I'll have to take your word for it.

    It's hard working on too many things at once because it seems like nothing gets done. Not unlike house cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to start my comment by saying, "I LOVE Meijers!" But others beat me to the punch. Well, anyway, I do love it. The produce section is awesome. Awww I miss Ohio now :)

    Also, woo hoo for new ideas! I'll add to Natalie's comment to say that while you wait (if you wait. I think people can work on two things at once, but that's a whole other matter) I think you should buy yourself a Moleskine to keep notes in. They're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, Thanks. I'll have to ask you to be a beta reader when I'm done. If you're willing ;)

    Natalie, I think I need to finish what I'm working on right now too, so I wrote a basic outline and set it aside. I'm sure it will continue to ruminate in my brain though.

    Jenn, I forgot you lived in Beavercreek! We're right on the border and I think it's a great little town.

    Patti, So true. Focus is the key in wrting and house cleaning!

    Renee, You should miss Ohio, and you should come back and visit! :) And I already kind of feel like I'm working on two things at once, so I figure I'd better not add a third. The Moleskin is an excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For some reason food and writing haven't gone together for me. I just have a one track mind. Eat ice cream and think of something else? Impossible. Congratulations on your 40,000 words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been pounding away at my novel and the pace is feeling glacier lately..and school for my kids starts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessie, That's probably a good thing. It means you'll stay skinny and still be a successful writer.

    Maggie, Hopefully the pace picks up when the kids head back to school. It helps to have some quiet time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are certainly juggling your stories. The ice cream sounds good to me.... the weight gain not so much. I have found my love for writing sometimes lead me to be less active than I would like. But it is great that you have another idea out there waiting for your attention now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ice cream, huh? Well I think I just might give it a try. Any kind of writing inspiration at all will be an improvement. I've missed reading your blog, I'm glad your back!! That's the good thing about virtual friends, even when you move, we're still here. Or maybe that's the bad thing about virtual friends, you just can't shake us no matter how far away you go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amber, I'm with you 100% Ice cream = good. Weight gain = bad.

    Nikki, Who'd wanna shake you. Not me!! :)

    ReplyDelete